Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Treasure


Harshness of winter has past,
and a resulting pruning still lays
on my garden floor.
There is much to be cleared and tended,
but as I work, I drink in blue sky and sun,
and my heart is warmed.
My thoughts are on treasure.
There is treasure seen, waiting to bring newness and life,
still standing
among the devastation of fallen comrades.
Trees that will be again,
buffers from the wind and cold,
homes for those to rest from flight.
Seeds of treasure, containing purpose and substance,
and God-given design.
And in that way, we are like trees,
the very planting of the Lord,
wonderfully fashioned by His hand,
containing purpose and substance, by His design.
And we are a precious treasure to His heart.

The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in a field.
When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy
went and sold all that he had and bought that field.  Matt 13:44