Saturday, February 6, 2010

A lone bird, taking flight...


Around mid-morning, the snow stopped and the sun began to shine. Cast shadows formed, and as I studied them, I noticed the sculptured figure of the little girl who stands under the Weeping Cherry tree in my garden. She appeared to be peeking over the snow that almost completely engulfed her little concrete body. It seemed as though we were watching the same scene, a lone bird taking flight. He fluttered above the ice diamonds just under his wings. I smiled as my heart remembered, Father's eye is on that sparrow. For all my efforts to make sure the feeders are always filled, I know He cares for that little one even more than I. A melody began to play in my head..."His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me." The old hymn warmed my heart, even though the temperature was well below freezing, and I was glad I had braved the cold.
Posted by Picasa